Jannuary 25-27, 2019 - Kids Game Jam World Challenge
Kids Game Jam 2019 (by now KGJ) will held on January 25 (00:00) and 27 (23:59) (UTC Timezone + 2 Rome Time), last weekend of January in all the dojo and schools participating in the initiative.
1. The Kids Game JamThe KGJ is an annual Challenge (Video game creation by Scratch) dedicated to children and teen from 7 to 16 years of age, taking place, in the first round, around the world at physical locations in the same time, and in Turin in Italy for the final round (in May 2019. The local locations will be decided by CoderDojo and Schools around the world, participants in the competition.
The Kids Game Jam starts with the announcement of the Topic on the site and on the social channels within the 23.59 on Wednesday, January 24th. The theme is the same for all participants who have up to 72 available Hours to develop a video game that originally interprets it.
Kids Game Jam is not just a challenge but a fun opportunity to work together to create beautiful games by freeing fantasy.
2. RegistrationTo organize the Jam at your CoderDojo, School, Association or other, you must sign up your event by January 24, 2019 using the online platform available at this address:
On the same platform you will need to upload, before the end of the JAM, the video-games of each team with the pictures of the event.
3. Team CompositionEach team must have a minimum of 3 and maximum 5 kids (Teams that do not respect the composition rules will still be able to participate, but they will not be able to access to the final stage.)
You can register teams to the following categories:
SCRATCH 7-12 : b>
the game will be developed in scratch 2.0 or 3.0 by jammers between 7 and 12 years
SCRATCH 12-16: b>
the game will be developed in scratch 2.0 or 3.0 by jammers between 12 and 16 years
OPEN : b>
the game will be developed with any programming language by jammers between 7 and 17 years
4. Teams EnrollmentEach Dojo or school will be able to enroll more teams on the dedicated KGJ platform.
The Organizer must indicate the name of the team, the name (or nickname), the age of all participants and a picture(*) of the team.
(*) - Each registration must be completed by submitting the disclaimer signed by the parents of team members, otherwise the team will be excluded b>
5. game FeaturesEach team can participate with one game.
The Teams will have to follow the Topic indicated by the KGJ . Il will be announced by Wednesday, January 25, 2018 b> on the organizer email, (And through social facebook: @kidsgamejam b> twitter: @kidsgamejam b>) so kids can start thinking and designing the game.
6. The EventYou can bring to the event a project only on paper, but the video game code will have to be composed entirely during the coding session.
It will be the responsibility of the person in charge to ensure that jam is properly carried out in accordance with the rules.
During the process, we will appreciate the story-telling of each team on social channels using the hashtags: # KGJ19 b> #togetherwewin b> and @kidsgamejam b>
7. DeliveryThe game, though not completed, will have to be uploaded wirh .sb2 or .db3 extension b> on the dedicated platform (announced soon by the organizers) by 23:59 Rome) on the last day of JAM b>
With the game you must be add a description document that explains the idea, the technical features and how to play it (game instructions). This document helps the judges to understand the game especially if it is still not completed.
8. Jury and JudgmentsThe KGJ will have 2 juries:
A technical jury made up of Dojo Champions and Mentor with great and proved experience and A 9 Kids Jury b>: made up of boys between 7 and 16 years old b>. The technical jury will evaluate the work based on the developed features and the technical complexity. The Kids Jury will evaluate exciting and playable games b>. The judgment of both juries will be indisputable. B>
9. PrizeWithin March 27th Technical Jury will rank a list of all the games and the best ranked players in each category will get to the final.
The final will decide the winners.
By the beginning of Jam will be announced on this page and via social where the final will take place and where the prizes will be physically delivered.